Pilrig Park

About the Park

A good-sized green space owned by the city of Edinburgh since 1920. The public park has two play areas, allotments, community forestry, and football pitch.

Pilrig park was once part of the grounds of Pilrig House, the grand old building which still presides over the park. The estate was owned by the Balfour family and was familiar to author Robert Louis Stevenson whose mother was a Balfour.

Built in 1638, Pilrig house has been converted into self-catering accommodation.


55.968256, -3.180822