Parish Church in William Playfair designed street that is minutes' walk from the top of Leith walk at main access to the top of Calton Hill.
The present church, a daughter church of St Cuthbert's Parish Church in the West End, was built to a design by the architect, James Gillespie Graham, in his "robust Gothic" style, and it opened its doors for worship on Sunday the 6th of October 1839. This was to serve the residents of Playfield's Georgian terraces that encircle the Calton Hill.
The building is a performance space, during the Fringe in August, known as Greenside @ Royal Terrace.
Access to main Studio is down 16 stone steps. Staff are trained and more than happy to assist audience down steps where appropriate. Courtyard cafe bar.