Parish church in the Church of Scotland, situated in leafy South Newington (rather than Craigmillar).
The church building dates from 1879 and the adjacent church hall was added in 1899.
In 2004, the church was altered to provide disabled access, new toilets, and a new kitchen. A small chapel was added under the gallery with a new stained glass window designed and crafted by Douglas Hogg.
In 2008, as part of a church roof renewal project, a celtic cross was installed at the east apex of the church roof.
To the north side of the church there is a small garden tended by volunteers from the church congregation, with a WW1 memorial in it.
The church hall is impressive, with an approx 16m x 8m, smooth, beech floor. The hall is rented out for private parties, exercising, Tai Chi, dancing, community workshops and events.