Attractive city centre church located at the corner of Princes Street and Lothian Road under the watchful gaze of Edinburgh Castle. In spite of its city centre location, the Church of Scotland Church retains a silent, shadowy calm among its mature trees and heavy, moss-coloured gravestones.
The gothic setting belies a warmer atmosphere inside, not only for the attractive cupola and impressive stained glass windows. The church is served well by its acoustics and a 19th Century pipe organ, for services and recitals including at the Edinburgh Festival when it is a listed Fringe venue.
The current church building goes back a long way - although St Cuthbert's was built in 1892-94 it was on the grounds of six earlier churches.