The Edinburgh Photographic Society has been at its Edinburgh New Town location for decades.
Established in 1861, it is one of the world's oldest photographic clubs, and has renowned photographic pioneer Hon Henry Fox Talbot among its early members. It also exhibited work by DO Hill in 1890.
The club has a spacious, centrally located venue on several floors, which includes a large lecture hall, where club meetings are held, a monochrome film darkroom with enlargers and cascade print washer, a digital suite, a large studio, a library, and other facilities.
Members access the venue at all hours using a magnetic key fob. Many members are competitive photographers, and participate in contests throughout year.
During the Fringe, the Society holds its annual Edinburgh International Exhibition of Photography at the exhibition centre in Great King Street. The competition attracts around 3000 entries of all genres from around the world. Of these, around 200 images are selected by judges for public display in the exhibition centre, chosen to provide a fair selection of subjects from a wide range of photographers.