You may find it easier/cheaper to get a flight to Glasgow Airport on the West Coast and then travel by train or bus to Edinburgh. It takes a little over an hour to drive between Glasgow and Edinburgh (depending on traffic).
Airports, airlines and services for those flying by plane to Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Airport Airport arrivals, departures, and travel directions.
- Glasgow Airport Airport arrivals, departures, and directions for getting to Edinburgh
- Prestwick Airport Second airport in the West for freight and passengers, often offers competitive priced flights.
- Aberdeen Airport Airport in North East Scotland
- Car Rental Car hire for Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Useful aviation links
- NATS "National Air Traffic Services" has info on UK airspace restrictions
- CAA The Civil Aviation Authority
- Traffic Scotland Scottish government transport agency notices
- Flight Radar Live flight tracking of planes in the air
- NASA Satellite imagery
- Icelandic Met Office In case the Eyjafjallajökull volcano becomes active again.