Please note that this event has been cancelled.
The Edinburgh Singers present an evening of evocative a cappella choral music spanning four centuries.
The programme centres around Howells' haunting Requiem and features iconic works by Lotti, Verdi, Mendelssohn, and Stanford. The choir continues its celebration of the ethereal works of Ešenvalds with The Heavens' Flock, and the concert takes its title from Pearsall's beloved setting of the poem Lay a Garland.
The concert will be performed in the atmospheric St Mary's Cathedral, providing a rich acoustic for these choral masterpieces.
- Herbert Howells: Requiem
- Robert Pearsall: Lay a Garland
- Ēriks Ešenvalds: The Heaven's Flock
- Antonio Lotti: Crucifixus
- Felix Mendelssohn: Mitten wir im Leben sind, Beati Mortui
- Giuseppe Verdi: Laudi alla Vergine Maria
- Charles Stanford: Beati quorum via
£12/£10 (under 12s free) available from The Queen's Hall box office, 0131 668 2019, from choir members or on the door.