You may find it easier/cheaper to get a flight to Glasgow Airport on the West Coast and then travel by train or bus to Edinburgh. It takes a little over an hour to drive between Glasgow and Edinburgh (depending on traffic).
Airports, airlines and services for those flying by plane to Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Airport Airport arrivals, departures, and travel directions.
- Glasgow Airport Airport arrivals, departures, and directions for getting to Edinburgh
- Prestwick Airport Second airport in the West for freight and passengers, often offers competitive priced flights.
- Aberdeen Airport Airport in North East Scotland
- Car Rental Car hire for Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Plane Stupid Another way of looking at the cost of flying.
- NATS - Regular updates on UK airspace restrictions
- CAA - Civil Aviation Authority updates on Icelandic volcano
- Met Office Five Day Volcanic Ash Charts
- Traffic Scotland Government transport agency reports
- NASA Satellite images and commentary
- Icelandic Met Office