Audiences follow a culture trail around eight events in secret locations around the city.
The Culture Trail is part of Edinburgh's 6-day festival of Robert Burns called Burns&Beyond.
Tickets for the Culture Trail are priced at £25 plus booking fee (buy online at link above) from 10am on Friday 7th December.
Ticket buyers will be sent their secret starting location closer to the event.
- Lucky Middlemiss’s Tavern: Lau fiddler Aidan O’Rourke and company (including piper Brighde Chaimbeul and singer Alasdair Roberts) will recreate the atmosphere and the unstructured conviviality of an Edinburgh Old Town tavern at the time of Scotland’s Enlightenment.
- Lost Map’s Howlin’ Fling!: Pictish Trail present a recreation of Eigg’s legendary Ceilidh Hall and a feast of Hebridean music and Highland hospitality.
- Neu! Reekie!: an ebullient evening of live music and poetry, including dark, erotic, explosive performance of Tam o' Shanter performed by Kevin Williamson with the musicians and dancers of the Kixx Collective.
- Museum of the Moon @St Giles’ Cathedral: Disarming Reverberations, a live performance from Martin Green (Lau), bringing together the heart-breaking sounds of the Dublin cappella quartet Landless with the rich sound of Alba Brass and electronic manipulation to create a sonic world that is both contemporary and at home in the historic building.
- The Red Rose Club: electronic music featuring some of Scotland’s finest female DJ’s.
- Gilded Balloon Scottish comedy: Glasgow’s Gary Meikle is joined by Jay Lafferty, Rosco McClelland, Billy Kirkland and Susan Riddle and other surprises on the night.
- Speed Whisky Tasting
- Silent Adventures’ Scotland vs The World: a silent disco DJ battle in a secret outdoor space with Silent Adventures.