Much-loved sports stadium that has hosted concerts, international athletics championships, football, fairs, and provided a training ground for great Scottish sports people, including cyclist and triple Olympic gold medal-winner Chris Hoy.
The venue is currently undergoing refurbishment from 7,500 covered seats and 16,000 total seats to a modern sports and meeting complex with:
- An outdoor athletics track with a 500 seat stand and outdoor throwing and jumps area
- An indoor athletics track and jumps space
- Three multi-sport games halls
- Three fitness studios
- A gym
- Two squash courts
- A combat studio for martial arts
- A boxing gym
- Two 3G (synthetic) pitches
- There will also be a cafe and meeting rooms
Meadowbank Stadium was originally built to host the 1970 Commonwealth Games. It also hosted the Games in 1986, becoming the first venue to host the Games twice.
As well as sport and excercise facilities its boardroom is for hire for small corporate events.