The Edinburgh International Film Festival has announced the programme for Film Fest on the Forth (tickets), its weekend of free outdoor screenings at Port Edgar Marina from 10am to 10pm on Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August 2021.
Located at South Queensferry, overlooking the three iconic Forth bridges. The weekend is supported by EventScotland as part of the Year of Coasts and Waters 20/21, a a programme of events and activities celebrating Scotland's coasts and waters.
The line-up is comprised of 8 family films (U, PG or 12A) with a maritime link.
The selected films are as follows:
Saturday 31 July
- MOANA (PG, 113 mins, 2016) Disney’s beloved musical animation of an adventurous teenager and her inherited love for the seas
- THE WATER HORSE: LEGEND OF THE DEEP (PG, 111 mins, 2007) Family adventure set and shot in Scotland based on the Celtic legend of Kelpies (Water Horses)
- WHISKY GALORE! (U, 81 mins, 1949) Classic anti-authoritarian comedy set on a Hebridean Island based on Compton Mackenzie’s novel.
- JAWS (12A, 124 mins, 1975, 45th anniversary) Directed by Steven Spielberg and widely heralded as the original summer blockbuster
Sunday 1 August
- BRAVE (PG, 93 mins, 2012) Pixar’s stunning animation set in the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland centred around a Scottish princess confronting tradition
- THE ILLUSIONIST (PG, 77 mins, 2010) Charming, Oscar nominated animated adventure set across Scotland and specifically Edinburgh, based on an unproduced script by legendary French Director Jacques Tati
- WHALE RIDER (PG, 105 mins, 2002) Oscar nominated drama centred on a young Maori girl and her special connection to the magnificent seas creatures who has to fight to fulfil a destiny her grandfather refuses to recognize.
- TITANIC (12, 186 mins, 1997) James Cameron’s box office record-breaker and winner of 11 Oscars. An epic romance set on the seas which made global stars of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
Free tickets are available on the EIFF website.
The outdoor area which can accommodate up to 260 film fans.
You can get to Port Edgar Marina by train, bus, car, foot or boat. If you’re coming by boat contact the Marina office by phone or VHF before arrival to be allocated a berth.
Food and drink will be available from Marina tenants Scott’s restaurant and Down the Hatch as well as additional food and drink vendors coming in especially for the weekend, including EIFF’s Official Beer Partner Innis & Gunn, and Pizza Geeks and Poco Prosecco.
Between films audiences can visit other attractions on site such as activities on the water from Port Edgar Watersports and shopping at the Marina’s store, Beacon.
The 74th edition of EIFF runs from 18 – 25 August 2021. The full programme will be announced on 28 July 2021.