Edinburgh is an hour or so away from St Andrews, the home of golf, as well as having a number of courses within the city boundary.
Play golf in Edinburgh
- Public courses There are six golf courses that are owned by the City of Edinburgh. They include Braid Hills, Craigentinny, Carrick Knowe, Portobello, Silverknowes, and Princes (9 hole).
- Turnhouse Golf Course The 18 hole parkland golf course.
- Mortonhall Golf Course The 1892 course is the oldest active course in Edinburgh.
Golf courses near Edinburgh
- St Andrews Links Seven links to choose from an hour or so away in Fife, including the Old Course.
- North Berwick Golf Course Traditional, duney course along the shores of the Firth of Forth.
Scottish Golf governing bodies
- Scottish Golf Governing body for golf in Scotland.
- The Royal and Ancient The R&A is the golf's world rules and development body and organiser of The Open Championship, based in the "home of golf", St Andrews. The Ladies Golf Union (LGU) founded in 1893, the governing body for ladies' amateur golf in Great Britain and Ireland, was amalgamated with R&A in 2017.
Tee off with these links