Scotland has its own distinct legal system that is similar in many respects to the English legal system, but is not always the same.
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Scotland's prosecution service.
- Scottish Courts Service The Scottish civil and criminal court system.
- Law Society for Scotland Governing body of practising solicitors in Scotland.
- Scottish Law Online Scottish law portal for professionals and lay folk alike.
- Scottish Law Agents Society Voluntary society that recommends changes to Scots law.
- Scottish Legal Aid Board Details of how SLAB helps those who would not normally afford a solicitor, where its funding is spent, as well as jobs and news for lawyers.
- Edinburgh Law School Edinburgh University's law school - over 300 years old.
Law in England & Wales
- Court Service in England & Wales The legal system South of the border.
- Justice Legal resources provided by the Ministry of Justice in England and Wales.
- Society for Computers and law Focuses on legal implications thrown up by our high tech world.
- Lothian and Borders Police Edinburgh's local police force. The site carries crime stats, appeals for information on missing person and murder cases, jobs and recruitment details and police publications.
- Scottish Police Services Authority Governance and services including database, with fingerprints and other forensic information for Scotland's police forces.