17 Waverley Bridge
0131 558 1003
About the venue
A modern pub right outside Waverley Station owned by the Wetherspoon chain. The grade A listed façade of the low-slung building is the much-remodelled booking office of the original North British Railway Company's original railway station built in 1846. The building was used as the station's parcels office for many years, until around 1984.
The pub offers food and spills out onto the pavement on Waverley Bridge in good weather making it a good place to watch people coming and going between the Edinburgh Old and New Towns and commuters rushing for trains.