Talbot Rice Gallery

Image
Image
Talbot Rice Gallery entrance
Venue details
Street
South Bridge
Postcode
EH8 9YL
Edinburgh Area
Telephone (info)
0131 650 2210

The Talbot Rice is a University of Edinburgh owned gallery in the Old College Quad. Established in 1975, the gallery is named after David Talbot Rice, Professor of Fine Art (1934-1972), with exhibitions focused on Scottish and international contemporary visual art and a permanent collection of Old Masters.

The gallery comprises of three main rooms:

The main White Gallery offers larger scale exhibitions.

The grand-looking Georgian Room, originally designed by William Playfair to house the University's scientific collections, now carries a display of Old Master paintings, sculptures and Renaissance bronzes.

The Round Room, with its glass cupola, is a connector room between the White Gallery and the Georgian gallery, hosting installations and experimental projects in conjunction with the White Gallery programme.

 

Map

55.9472419, -3.1878233