Edinburgh is an hour or so away from St Andrews, the home of golf, as well as having a number of courses within the city boundary.
Play golf in Edinburgh
- Public courses These golf courses are owned by the City of Edinburgh. They include Braid Hills, Craigentinny, Carrick Knowe, Portobello, Silverknowes, and Princes (9 hole).
- Turnhouse Golf Course The 18 hole parkland golf course.
- Mortonhall Golf Course The 1892 course is the oldest active course in Edinburgh.
Golf courses near Edinburgh
- St Andrews Many links to choose from an hour or so away in Fife.
- North Berwick Golf Course Traditional, duney course along the shores of the Firth of Forth.
Scottish Golf governing bodies
- Scottish Golf Union News, events and info from the world of Scottish Amateur Golf.
- The Royal and Ancient The R&A is the golf's world rules and development body and organiser of The Open Championship, based in the "home of golf" St Andrews.
- The Ladies Golf Union Founded in 1893, the governing body for ladies' amateur golf in Great Britain and Ireland.
Tee off with these sites